• From 29 March, people will be able to meet outdoors in groups of six, or two households together. Outdoor leisure facilities like tennis and basketball courts will reopen and people will be able to take part in organised outdoor sports.
• Our "Keep going...It will be worth it" campaign continues as we start to look ahead to step two of the Government’s road map and remind people about the things we need to keep doing to get there.
• The deadline for businesses to register for free, rapid lateral flow testing kits is 31 March.
• Regular testing, alongside staying at home, following the rules of hands, face, space, ventilate, self-isolating and getting a test if you have COVID-19 symptoms remain crucial to keep reducing the rate of infection and protect one another.
• Testing at the community testing sites in Gloucester, Tewkesbury, Cirencester and the Forest of Dean remains for people who do not have symptoms, but who still need to leave the house for essential reasons including for work or to care for others.
• Households, support and childcare bubbles of school staff or school aged children or children in pre-school or nursery can also test twice-weekly:
o At a local community test site
o By collecting a home test kit from one of the PCR testing sites: Hempsted Meadows, Stroud or Cheltenham walk-in between 1.30pm and 7pm; or
o By ordering a home test kit online
• A link to book a test can be found on the new and improved community testing pages of the GCC website.
• Children in Gloucestershire who are entitled to receive Free School Meals will be supported with vouchers for the Easter holidays.
Mobile Testing Unit (MTU) locations⁶
• Cinderford RFC, Dockham Rd, Cinderford GL14 2AQ (Monday-Tuesday)
• Dursley Rugby Club, Hounds Green, Dursley GL11 6AJ (Monday-Tuesday)
• Royal Agricultural University, Stroud Road, Cirencester, GL7 6JS (Monday-Friday)
• North RFC, Stoke Orchard Road, Bishops Cleeve, GL52 7DG (Tuesday-Wednesday)
• Stow RFC, Oddington Road, Stow on the Wold, GL54 1JJ (Wednesday-Thursday)
• Car Park off Newerne Street, Lydney, GL15 5RA (Wednesday-Friday)
• Sudeley Castle, Castle Street, Winchcombe, GL54 5JD (Friday)
• Car Park, Oldends Lane, Stonehouse, GL10 2DG (Friday-Sunday)
• Hartpury University & Hartpury College, Gloucester, GL193BE (Saturday-Sunday)
• University Of Gloucestershire, Entrance 3, Park Campus, The Park, Cheltenham, GL50 2RH (Saturday-Sunday)
• Lower Lode Depot, Lower Lode Lane, Tewkesbury , GL20 5TT (Saturday-Monday and Thursday)
Permanent Testing Site Locations
PCR Testing Sites
Hempsted Meadows, David Hook Way, Gloucester, GL2 5LE
High Street Car Park, Cheltenham, GL50 4AL
Stratford Park Leisure Centre, Stratford Road, Stroud, GL5 4AF
You can book a test here for one of these sites if you have any COVID-19 symptoms.
Community Testing Sites (LFD)
The Friendship Café @ Chequers, Painswick Road, Gloucester, GL4 6PR
Royal Agricultural University, Stroud Road, Cirencester,GL7 6JS
Forest of Dean
Miners Welfare Hall, Parragate Road,
Cinderford, GL14 2JN
You can book a test here for one of these sites if you do not have any COVID-19 symptoms.
• Half of all adults in UK receive first dose of COVID-19 vaccine
• Shielding advice for the clinically extremely vulnerable to stop from April
• Extra £47.6 million for Vaccines Manufacturing and Innovation Centre
• National lockdown: Stay at Home – updated to include advice from 29 March
• Ground breaking new technology to detect known variants of concern
• PM statement at coronavirus press conference: 23 March 2021
• Joint Statement from HMG and the European Commission on cooperation in fighting the COVID-19 pandemic
• Government-backed loans help thousands of businesses to protect jobs during pandemic
General NHS advice
Latest advice and developments from Gloucestershire NHS
Gloucestershire's Community Help Hub
Council service updates
Make an adult social care referral
Business advice and support
Looking after your wellbeing
Support for children and families during Covid-19